[mrtg] Re: Remote Scripts

Anson Rinesmith arinesmith at bigrivertelephone.com
Mon Feb 28 17:51:04 MET 2005

In simple terms, you need to run
Target[yourtarget]: 'yourscripthere'

The script needs to return 4 lines of output
Minval
Maxval
Uptime
SystemName

Example, in a script I wrote to poll a RADIUS server for number of active
connections, I do all the mumbo jumbo, and then return this:

echo "$count_total\n";
echo "$count_total\n";
echo "a long time.\n";
echo "myRAS\n";

I don't have a Min/Max, so I just return the same value twice. I also don't
care about uptime, so I don't calculate it.