[mrtg] mrtg rrdtool RRDs.so path error

Research rdd at gcstech.net
Sat Jan 15 13:55:02 MET 2005

I am sorry if this has been answered here before by my google-foo is
weak today and I have been unable to find a resolution for this error.

sunt# /usr/pkg/bin/mrtg /home/apache/htdocs/mrtg/cfg/home.cfg
Can't load '/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/lib/perl//auto/RRDs/RRDs.so' for
module RRDs: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/lib/perl//auto/RRDs/RRDs.so:
Undefined symbol "" (symnum = 19) at
/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/5.8.4/sparc64-netbsd/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at /usr/pkg/bin/mrtg line 278
Compilation failed in require at /usr/pkg/bin/mrtg line 278.

It appears to add an extra slash in the path to the RRDs.so file.  I
have tried this with the LibAdd statement as
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/lib/perl and
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.49/lib/perl/
Also have let it use the site-perl path with the same result. It cannot
load RRDs.so and the path has an extra / between perl and auto.

Machine is Sun Netra T1 running NetBSD 2.0, mrtg without rrdtool works
perfectly.  If there is any other informatio that I forgot to include,
please let me know.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Phil Schilling

--
Phil Schilling
GCS Tech