[mrtg] Re: rrd files not updating

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 22 00:31:11 MEST 2005

>If I close out and manually or automatically run the same
>command, both through perl and wperl, the file does not
>update.  It changes the modified date but no change in file
>size.

.rrd files will not change size.  They are static sized databases, since the
data is automatically summarised and expired.  If the modified date on the
file changes, then you're OK.

If you want to be certain, then take a copy of the file before and after
theupdate, and do a diff.  Or, use 'rrdtool dump' to view the contents.

HTH

Steve