[mrtg] Re: Lockfiles and program flow

Ruttenberg, Tanya Tanya.Ruttenberg at ssa.gov
Tue Oct 11 15:41:32 MEST 2005

Actually, we have Hitachi DASD readily available -- an advantage to working
in a large organization like the US federal government :-) -- and moved all
60,000 files over there.  We are running over 4 load-balancing fiber
channels and the I/O hurdle has now been overcome.  But I'm still wondering
why $templock disappears.

I've done all the things you suggest below (turn on debugging, run in daemon
mode, etc.) and the answer to the $templock issue still eludes me.  But
since the I/O problem has been resolved, I know the runs are completing in
time.

I suppose I don't have a problem "per se" anymore, but if Tobi or anyone
else can shed light on the $templock thing I'd be interested to hear it.

Tanya Ruttenberg - RSIS Contractor
OTSO/DNE/NMPEB
tanya.ruttenberg at ssa.gov
410-965-9605