[mrtg] MRTG Graphs - True CIR representation

Steve crunkmeister at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 19:35:16 MET 2006

Hello All,
First off I want to say thanks in advance for any help I recieve!  Second, I
want to say I am no perl expert, I have fumbled through getting MRTG to work
for me but I have little experience with commands and such.  My question
is:  I am monitoring T1, Frame-Relay, CPU and Ethernet traffic.  The graphs
only grow to the maximum bandwidth being used.  The grow to the size of the
spikes, they are not a true representation of the actual "pipe" ie.  A T1
would be 1.544 mbps or a 512 frame relay.  I'd like the graphs to "always"
stay at here true commited rate and have the actual data benn represented
within the graph.  I hope this makes sense.  Thanks for the help!

Steve C
crunkmeister at gmail.com