[mrtg] Doubts about this syntax

enediel gonzalez enediel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 20:49:18 MEST 2006

Hello:
I tested without any problem the following syntax to define targets

Target[target]: /ip:community at ip:

In my example consider that I'm looking for the total traffic on a switch
(It's just a syntax, where is needed to write the proper values for target,
ip, community)

My question is the following.
?What happen in this case inside of mrtg?
I need this answer to figure out wich snmp values are considered by mrtg, on
the interface list we have port, trunks, vlan, etc, and I need to know how
only having the ip and the community mrtg can obtain the final graph, maybe
what I'm getting is not a real result.

Thanks in advance for any answer
Enediel
Linux user 300141