[mrtg] Re: snmp version

Johannes Prost Johannes at yorktondigital.ca
Sat Oct 21 22:11:13 MEST 2006

Am 21 Oct 2006 um 21:55 hat Henrik Lindhe geschrieben:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Johannes Prost wrote:
>
> > The result was (only the main part)
> >
> > snmp error
>
> You have installed snmp on your server?
>
> // Henrik

Yes, I have installed snmp. I have the snmp trap and snmp service
running with system account.
The following configuration is done:

snmp on NT4
Agent Tab : all boxes in the lower part marked
Traps Tab : community string set, Trap destination is empty (should
that be filled with the monitored server ?)
Security Tab : the top box is marked, community string from the Traps
Tab set to Read Create
SNMP packets from the server I like to monitor (machine snmp is
running on)

mrtg 2.14.7

Where did I miss something ? How can I test my snmp ?

Johannes