[mrtg] Re: 14all.cgi speed problem

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at k332.feld.cvut.cz
Wed Jan 24 10:33:38 MET 2007

> > Page with one interface is generated after 10-15 seconds.
> > I want 3-5 seconds max.
>
> - check your server load, if it is high then it is normal to get
>   a slow response.  Idem for disk usage etcetera

Load is minimal, under 1. Disk is fast SCSI UW and free.

> - try disabling MRTG, then generate a graph; if this helps, there
>   might be a problem with locking

No this not helps.

> - write your own CGI script (equivalent of "echo hello") and see
>   if this is slow too.  If it is, focus on the web server

This is fast, there is no problem.

> > My mrtg.cfg has about 250kBytes.
>
> Try one target in a separate config file.  This may also speed up
> the data gathering itself.

Yes, there is problem. If I have only 10 interfaces in mrtg.cfg, Page with
graphs is generated to 1 second.
Probably speed is depends on config file size.

I want time to 3-5 seconds for generating 1 interface page from hundreds
interfaces.

Pavel Ruzicka