[mrtg] join logs

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jun 6 02:36:21 CEST 2007

> One of my WAN conections is composed by 3 x 2048 Kbps serial links
> and my mrtg config file gets the data from these links, generating one
> 2048 Kbps graph per link.
>
> My Question: How can I join these log data to generate one 6144 Kbps
> graph?

If you are using RRDTool as your backend, then you can use routers2 as
your frontend and define a stacked userdefined graph with total over the
three targets (see the doc/HOWTO and doc/EXAMPLES documentation with
routers2 for details)

Example here:
http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?uopts=r&rtr=mail.cfg&xgt
ype=d&if=_summary
This shows three variable for email traffic stacked and totalled.

Steve