[mrtg] 64-bit counters with SNMPv1?

Forthofer Russ Russ.Forthofer at ssfhs.org
Tue Mar 27 18:13:38 CEST 2007

The OM3500 has a Gig interface on the Ethernet side, and .5 G on the RPR
side.    Realistically, we will probably never hit more than 300Mb/s on
the RPR side.   Originally, I had my polling cycle way too high (15
minutes). I have now changed that to 2 minutes for the OM3500s.   I had
hoped to be able to use 64-bit counters, so that I could use less
frequent polling.