[mrtg] Factor

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Nov 25 21:49:24 CET 2007

> I upgraded from 2.10.13 to 2.14.7 and the graphs now indicate a
> temperature of 48000.0 degrees instead of 48.0 degrees. Apparantly
mrtg
> ignores the line:
>
> Factor[cpu-temp]: 0.001
>
> Did I miss something or did I find a bug?

Some versions of MRTG only support integers in the Factor[] directive
when generating the graph images, for some reason - this may be a bug,
or a result of the .log file format (native MRTG only stores integers).
As far as I know, though, all the RRDTool frontends will correctly
support decimals in Factor[] (and in RRDTool mode, MRTG doesn't generate
the graphs itself so never uses this directive anyway)

Steve