[mrtg] Problem with data gathering when computer sleeps

Eivind Samseth eisa01 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:29:05 CEST 2007

I'm having a problem getting correct data about the traffic
throughput whenever my Mac has been asleep, and mrtg collects data
again. If I uploaded with 200 kbps on the last reading before it went
to sleep, the period it has been asleep will not have the throughput
set to 0, but 200 kbps. This way I get inflated values, as I'm using
mrtg to monitor how many GB I've transferred in the last 24 hours.

Have anyone experienced something similar, and is there a way to fix
this?

I'm running mrtg-2.15.2 together with NET-SNMP version:  5.2.1
locally on my Mac

Regards,
Eivind