[mrtg] GIG

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Jan 17 14:58:36 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 11:20 +0530, Mehandiratta Akash wrote:
> Plz tell me the configuration to see the GIG Interface graphs.

I'm guessing this was an off-topic followup.

Anyway, Gig interfaces are just like any other, as long as you are not
using snmp v1.  For snmpv2 or v3, the use of ifHCInOctets and
ifHCOutOctets is automatic, and allows the use of 64 bit counters that
easily display gigabit ethernet and ten-gigabit ethernet interfaces.

The syntax for all targets is:
router[:[prt][:[tmout][:[retr][:[backoff][:version]]]]]

So, just set the version to 2 and things will be much better.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy