[mrtg] mrtg cisco catalayst switch

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 01:05:50 CET 2008

The model is 2900 series. I have other cisco catalysts but I'm not the one who set it up. I just notice that it has probably a local ip cause I see in the config of the mrtg is like this:

Target[10.10.0.225_2]: 2:XXXXXX at 10.10.0.225:
SetEnv[10.10.0.225_2]: MRTG_INT_IP="" MRTG_INT_DESCR="FastEthernet0/1"
MaxBytes[10.10.0.225_2]: 1000000
#AbsMax[10.10.0.225_2]: 1000000

And my Linux box has an ip of 10.10.0.221. I think I just need to enable snmp and put an ip to the catalyst but how? Any links?
I put a rollover cable yesterday and attach to the serial of my laptop but I didn't see anything even a single character. Is this possible? if not could be a faulty cable?

I know how to setup mrtg but don't know how to get the cfg for cisco catalyst switch