[mrtg] MRTG vs. Cricket

Patrick Topping ptopping at pobox.com
Fri Jan 30 18:33:49 CET 2009

I am hoping someone can help me out with this issue I am having.....  I
am working on migrating from Cricket to MRTG.  So far so good except
that the Cricket graphs are pretty spot on for a 5 minute interval while
the MRTG graphs are anywhere from 600 Mbps to 1 Gbps off at peak time.
For example, I have a 10-gig circuit that runs roughly at 7 Gbps a peak
time.  Cricket graphs it damn near spot on.  MRTG is off by almost a
full gig.

I have checked the cron jobs and both services are running every 5
minutes.  They are synced to NTP and the clocks are not off so they are
both seeing the exact same data.  I have set up my CFG files to use the
64 bit counters.

I have Googled for answers but not a lot out there on this topic.  I am
hoping this is something small I have missed and can easily be fixed.
Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

-Patrick