[mrtg] MRTG Conversion Code

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jun 18 05:25:41 CEST 2009

A few things to check -
1. does /etc/mrtg/TempConv.pl exist on both hosts (old and new) and have the same ownerships and permissions?
2. do both hosts have the same Perl version (5.8)?
3. Check you've declared the conversion code correctly in the MRTG .cfg file (you haven't posted this so we cant check)
4. Is this the exact contents of the whole file?  Make sure there's not a missing bracket or anything.

The code doesn't seem to have any errors.

HTH

Steve

________________________________

From: mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch [mailto:mrtg-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Yang Xiao

# Conversion Code
sub String2Temp {
        my $str = shift;
        $str =~ /\((\d+)F\)(.*)ambient.*/i;
        my $temp = $1;
        return $temp;
}
this works fine on my old montoring host, I'm tring to migrate to a
new host and now I get this error

ERROR: File /etc/mrtg/TempConv.pl conversion code evaluation failed
syntax error at (eval 17) line 1, at EOF