[mrtg] MRTG 2.10.13 --> CURRENT upgrade?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Apr 3 01:54:31 CEST 2010

Upgrading to MRTG 2.16.x shouldnt break anything.

Adding RRDTool shouldnt break anything, but when you add the 'Logformat: RRDtool' to your MRTG .cfg files, then a fresh RRD file will be generated -- IE, you will lose your .log file history.  Utilities exist on the MRTG web site to convert .log files to .rrd files for people making this move, if you dont want to lose the history.  If you get RRDTool 1.3.x or 1.4.x then you'll need a few dependent packages.  I don't think RPMs exist for 1.3.x yet?  The RRD installation is helpful in letting you knwo what you need, though.

If I remember correctly, there might be a problem with 2.10.x if you upgrade from Perl 5.8 to Perl 5.10.

Steve