[mrtg] MIB for Dell PowerConnect 3524? [SOLVED]

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Fri Feb 21 23:57:11 CET 2014

On 2/21/2014 2:43 PM, Daniel McDonald wrote:
> On 2/21/14 3:19 PM, "Steve Lindemann" <steve at marmot.org> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I can get the MIB for a Dell PowerConnect 3524 to
>> use with MRTG?  I've been looking and haven't had any luck finding what
>> I need.
>>
>> In lieu of that, I'll take suggestions for monitoring thru put on the
>> ports on that model switch.
>
> If all you are looking for is traffic, it should be standard MIB-II, and
> cfgmaker should detect it just fine.  You only need a special mib if you are
> trying to grab cpu, memory, watts consumed, POE status and other weird
> things.

Thank you!

I'm sure you're right after mucking about some more.  I'm relatively
sure I have SNMP configured on it correctly and it appears my problem
isn't with the MIB after all.  I'm now convinced the damn switch simply
isn't responding (or the response isn't getting back to me).  Now I just
have to figure out why that's happening and that really isn't a question
for this list.
--
Steve