[mrtg] DSCP/COS stats on Cisco router

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Tue Sep 23 18:52:19 CEST 2014

On 9/23/14, 7:11 AM, "Volk,Gregory B" <greg.volk at edwardjones.com> wrote:

>Initially I attempt to make this a cfgmaker interface template but I ran
>into problems because I needed to base the indexes off of cbQosIfIndex
>(.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166.1.1.1.1.4) and not the regular mib2 interfaces
>index. However I also had to get the port descriptions from mib2 IfDescr,
>and port speeds from mib2 ifSpeed, and combine those tables with the
>cbQosIfIndex table to make a useful MRTG target.
>Then there were issues with classes that had undefined speeds and
>classnames so those had to be sanity checked and potentially skipped.
>That is what those warnings on lines 247 and 255 are.

Sounds like a better job for a host-template than an interface template.
I recall working with that mib and agree that the data layout is pretty
egregious.

>Bottom line is that while I prefer to use something more standardized and
>portable like cfgmaker templates, this cbqos mib just had too many
>oddball exceptions.

Configmaker host templates do a lot of the work for you - selecting
ifSpeed or ifHCSpeed depending on what¹s available, for example.  If I had
a few hours I would take a crack at itŠ