[mrtg] Difference in graph between Daily vs Weekly/Monthly/Yearly

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Sat May 11 15:22:13 CEST 2019

On 11 May 2019, at 11:13, Maikel van Gorkom wrote:

> Have had this issue for a while now. Have had this issue on different
> linux installations, different hardware and even on virtualized
> environment. I think it's a configuration issue, but i can't find the
> solution.
>
> The issue is as follows:
>
> I've configured MRTG to use a script to graph disk spaces. Using kmg
> the start position is MB's, because the input is MB's (df -m). The
> daily graph correctly converts the the MB's to GB's so 1600000MB is
> converted to 1600GB('ish). When you look at the weekly, monthly and
> yearly graph, the convergion isn't mad, so you see 1600000MB printed
> into the graph.

FWIW (moral support or whatever), I see exactly the same problem in my
MRTG installation:
kMg is applied to the daily graph, but not to the others.

I haven't (yet) tried to track down the cause, but suspect a bug rather
than a configuration error.
This is because kMg is a per-target option, not a per-graph one as (for
example) WithPeak is.
So, if it's working for the daily graph, it should work also for the
others.

€0,02
Niall O'Reilly