[rrd-users] RRDTool 1.0.10 sig8'ing on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE

Robert Gash gashalot at gashalot.com
Tue Feb 1 01:59:58 MET 2000

'm having a little bit of difficulty getting rrdtool to behave on my
FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE system.  While I can compile and install, and even
update RRD databases fine (I'm using the NRG frontend) I can't get rrdcgi
to make any of the required graphs, it just dumps corefiles and outputs no
errors.

It's important to note that working in the database itself (NRG data
collection) as well as database creation seems to be working great.

Here's the output of the gdb -c rrdcgi.core command I run on the core
rrdcgi leaves behind:

su-2.03# gdb -c rrdcgi.core
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd".
Core was generated by `rrdcgi'.
Program terminated with signal 8, Floating point exception.
#0  0x28071341 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x28071341 in ?? ()
#1  0x2807424a in ?? ()
#2  0x2807632d in ?? ()
#3  0x80494bd in ?? ()
#4  0x80499c1 in ?? ()
#5  0x8048f4c in ?? ()
#6  0x8048bf1 in ?? ()
(gdb)

This is running on a pIII 450 w/ 256MB of PC100 SDRAM and 18G of usable
RAID5.  It's using GCC 2.7.2.3 and I've compiled rrdtool w/
--enable-shared (it does the same thing when compiled staticly too).  Does
anyone have any idea what could be happening?  I'd be more than happy to
give you a login on the box Tobi or whoever feels like helping tackle this
bug (if it is a bug).

Email me off-list if you want to see .txt copies of the script.

-R

--
.----------------- PGP Key: `finger gashalot at gashalot.com` -----------------.
| Robert Gash                        |          Work - gashalot at fasturl.net |