[rrd-users] Maximum values problem.

Antkiewicz, Marcin mantki3 at uillinois.edu
Thu Jun 22 20:45:14 MEST 2000

 <<hour.png>>  <<min.png>> Hello,
I use RRD to store data gathered from 6am-8pm with 60 sec. resolution.

When a graph is made for a day woth of data, with  MAXIMUM function,
with step = 60 sec, evertyhing is fine. (see: min.png)
But, if I want simmilar graph, for MAXIMUM, with step = 60,  but  made with
hourly maximums, I loose all spikes (it looks like an average of the
maximums
for that period, sample picts attached).
(see: hour.png)

That is a problem as I need weekly pictures, created from hourly data,
which show the same problem.

Code framents enclosed:

RRDs::create("$database_name",
"--start",$start-1,
"--step","60",
"DS:queue:GAUGE:600:U:U",
"DS:idle:GAUGE:600:U:U",
"DS:proc:GAUGE:600:U:U",
"RRA:MAX:0.5:1:44640",
);

RRDs::create("$database_name",
"--start",$start-1,
"--step","60",
"DS:queue:GAUGE:600:U:U",
"DS:idle:GAUGE:600:U:U",
"DS:proc:GAUGE:600:U:U",
"RRA:MAX:0.5:60:774",
);

RRDs::graph("$node-$mon-$day-$yrs.png",
"--imgformat",   "PNG",
"--title",       "$node on $mon-$day-$yrs",
"--start",       "$morning",
"--end",         "$evening",
"--upper-limit", "100",
"--lower-limit", "0",
"--base",        "1024",
"DEF:queuedata=$database_name:queue:MAX",
"DEF:idledata=$database_name:idle:MAX",
"DEF:procdata=$database_name:proc:MAX",
"CDEF:proc=procdata,10,/",
"CDEF:idle=200,idledata,2,-,/",