[rrd-users] Re: graphing averages over a week?

Dan Larsson dl at tyfon.net
Wed Feb 14 16:07:13 MET 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Paul Slootman wrote:

| I'm using RRD to log things like load average, memory usage,
| number of users, etc.  This gives pretty graphs which show
| e.g. that the load depends on the number of active users.
| However, I can now only show the data for a given day; what
| I want to do is for every timespan (e.g. 12:00-12:10), average
| the numbers of Monday-Friday, and then display a single grpah
| so that the average load at a given time can be seen.
|
| Any ideas on how to do that? only thing I could think of was
| extracting the numbers for each timespan on each day myself
| and averaging those myself, and then plugging that into a
| temp RRD after which the graph could be generated. However,
| this sounds a bit inefficient, and I thought that perhaps
| there is a readily available way of doing this?

You should tell RRDTool when to begin and where to end.
AFAIK the default timespan for a graph is 86400 seconds (24 hours).
So if you don't tell RRDTool otherwise it'll create a graph
for the default timespan.

Regards
+------
Dan Larsson      | Tel:   +46 8 550 120 21
Tyfon Svenska AB | Fax:   +46 8 550 120 02
GPG and PGP keys | finger dl at hq1.tyfon.net