[rrd-users] Re: Environment monitoring and RRD

Gellatly, Laurie Laurie.Gellatly at vodafone.com.au
Wed Jan 3 22:09:15 MET 2001

Hi Andy et al,
As part of my current contract I had to find such a device.
The best I've found and evaluated was a box called the sensor array.
http://www.akcpinc.com
You may notice that my evaluation has also been posted on this
site. Basically, its a small hub like box that allows up to 4 temp
sensors, 3 humidity plus under floor water or door open/close detection
and can even do remote power control all for a reasonable price.
You can see how I monitor it with my RRD front end code at:
http://www.netic.com.au/OverTime/Sensor_Array_1.html
You can view the AKCP test box at http://205.219.177.140
If you want to try your SNMP collections to it for youself
then use "public" as the read community string. I also
VERY remotely monitor this box as you can see at
http://www.netic.com.au/OverTime/Sys_Name.html
if you drill down into these you will clearly see the OIDs
that I'm using to collect the data.
Hope all that helps.