[rrd-users] Re: VERY Handy Little Too for CISCO ROUTERSl !!

Ronald Tse ronald at vitagreen.com
Wed Jun 27 11:48:10 MEST 2001

Hello Nehal,

Thanks very much for your comment!!
I do receive an error from the "graph" function sometimes.
That is due to a part in the "graph" function when it gens the "err" graph,
and I don't know why. Please debug it if you could. I get that too :-(

For the "retrieve" error, I did not get that.
I assume you have 3 interfaces, right?
Could you do a "snmpwalk xx.xx.xxx.xxx [community]" for me and remove all IP
addresses, Routing Table info, and etc and send it to me so I can try to
solve the problem.
I think that is because the snmp strings are different.
In my 2501, I get a number from "interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.x"
which shows me the Input Bytes, and In your case, I believe you have to do
"interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.(slot/interface no).(interface no?)"
to retrieve that number. Please send the snmpwalk results to me so that I
can improve that.

I will do more research and try out on more routers that we have so I can
improve that tool.

Please give comments everyone!!

Thanks
Ronald Tse