[rrd-users] Calling rrd_create() etc functions ..

Steve Fulton steve at esoteric.ca
Fri Sep 28 13:53:52 MEST 2001

Hi,

  I'm working on a program that will be calling rrd_create, rrd_update and
rrd_graph thru the libraries .. my question is pretty simple I hope:  What
variables must I pass to those functions?  I've looked at the RRDTool
source, but I'm afraid it didn't quite click with me.  I tried passing
arguments similar to the command line, such as

  char Filename[100];
  char UpdateInfo[100];

  sprintf(UpdateInfo, "utctime:0:0")        /* (Actual UTC time instead of
characters but for brevity's sake ..) */

   rrd_update(Filename, UpdateInfo);

  To no avail .. do I need to split each of the variables in UpdateInfo
seperately?

  Thanks!

    == Steve

---
"If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think
little of robbing; and from robbing he next comes to drinking and
Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination."
                -- Thomas De Quincey (1785 - 1859)