[rrd-users] Can I fetch data of a resolution not in the rrd?

Michael Brown michaelb at opentext.com
Mon Nov 18 18:03:07 MET 2002

'Morning,

My time step for data is 120s, and I store bignum samples of this data in my
RRD for 10 or so years with no other RRAs. (It's just so. :)

I would have expected that 'rrdtool fetch .rrd AVERAGE -r 3600' (for example)
returns data of 3600 second resolution. However, it seems that only works if
there is a RRA in the database of the specified resolution (3600).

What's the easiest way to fetch data of an arbitrary resolution? Perl? :)
Create a new, temporary RRD (bletch)? Any ideas, folks?

M.

--
Michael Brown                      | Quis custodiet
Systems Administrator              | ipsos custodes?