[rrd-users] MRTG Log File Format

Mohamed Eldesoky m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Thu Nov 21 11:36:55 MET 2002

Hello
I am going to make a dummy mrtg log file that is filled with zeros
I found that the log file contains varying sampling intervals; each 5 minutes,
each 30 min, each 2 hours, each day
I want to make sure of the numbers of lines for each interval of those
Mathematically, it would be 288, 336, 360, 365 respectively.
But I think MRTG uses more than that
I managed to trace the 5 minutes samples ( looking for 300 seconds difference
in the timestamp is really easy)
I found it has about 600 lines of samples representing the 5 minutes samples.
Can anyone assure this number, and if you can help me with the rest of the
intervals ??

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky