[rrd-users] Doubt about COUNTERS

Rodrigo P. Telles telles at devel-it.com.br
Fri Aug 15 16:22:03 MEST 2003

Hi for All,

I'm using RRDTool near 2 years ago, and I using that for some tasks.
Now, I have a doubt about COUNTERS (network traffic, routers, etc).
When a value is bigger then last (old) value, RRD is updated sucessfull,
and graph still OK, this is a normal operation !
But, when a value is 0 or minor then last (old) value, RRD is updated
sucessfull, and graph has a error in your AREA/LINE*/Legend whith a big
value (Pbps, Tbps, etc) and a big peak.
My question is: Exists a workaround for that or I need to prevent that
whith another script ?

Thanks for any answer .