[rrd-users] Re: Probelm with Nan values

Dominique Rousseau d.rousseau at nnx.com
Wed Aug 27 15:29:44 MEST 2003

Le Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 03:23:23PM +0200, KAMARAD, David [David.KAMARAD at sntcr.cz] a écrit:
> Hello,
>
>   I have problem with Nan values in my RRD db. During day there are
>   3-10 Nan values from 100. I don't understand where can be the
>   problem.
>
>  My db is:
>
>    RRDs::create ($rrd1, "--start", $start-1, "--step",900,

There, your db should be updated every 900s

>   		"DS:iface_ratein:GAUGE:900:U:U",

And you specify a heartbeat of 900s

So, if you miss one deadline (an update is late), you get a NaN
>From the definition of heartbeat in hte manpage :

       heartbeat defines the maximum number of seconds that may pass
       between two updates of this data source before the value of the
       data source is assumed to be *UNKNOWN*.

I think it would be safer to get some margin.

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau <d.rousseau at nnx.com>
Neuronnexion - http://www.neuronnexion.com