[rrd-users] alt-autoscale

Tom George tom at penberth.com
Thu Oct 23 16:14:38 MEST 2003

Hi,

I'm using the -A (alt-autoscale) command with rrdtool graph to make the
scaling better on a graph that I'm generating of atmospheric pressure
(because otherwise it's very hard to see the changes in pressure)

There seems to be a problem because when I use the -A command, my y-axis
scale disappears - making it impossible to read the values on the graph.

Has anyone seen this problem before, and found a solution?

The command I'm using is this:

rrdtool graph -A -v millibars --start -86400 pressure-day.gif
DEF:pressure=pressure.rrd:pressure:AVERAGE
LINE1:pressure#00FF00:"Pressure"`;

You can see the results at http://www.tom-george.com/mrtg/pressure-day.gif

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Tom.

(If you're wondering why the data is so patchy, its because it's coming
from another website, and up until about 30 minutes ago, my perl script
was broke.....)