[rrd-users] HDD size

yaka patiya yakpatiya at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:14:31 MEST 2003

Hello All,

Does anyone know about monitoring the size of a hard drive both total size
against used. I get some numbers when I do a SNMP walk on the mib file. But
what do I need to do if I want to show how many gigs are the total size and
how much is used? Do I multiply the result by 4096 since 1 allocation unit
is 4096 bytes. Then divide by 1024 to get kilobytes and then divide again by
1024 to get mega bytes. And then finally divide by 1024 to get the answer in
giga bytes. Can some please help....And aslo does this same kind of
calculation be done on any hard drive ....regardless of the OS ?

Thanks

Thilanka