[rrd-users] Re: RRDtool lying about data values

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Fri Jan 2 10:08:37 MET 2004

> I appreciate the quick response, but I don't believe that to be inline
> with what I've read. As I understand it, the MRTG 5 minute limitation only
> applies if one is using MRTG to store the data. I've heard that once you
> apply the logformat command, you can set it as low as one minute.
>
> Can anyone corroborate this and if so, what would be the cause of the
> inconsistency?

I was this problem too. This is bug in --alt-y-mrtg option in RRDTool.
This bug is in --alt-y-grid option too, but there are not much visible.
This bug is in all versions of rrdtool (tested to 1.0.45) where this command
is implemented. With some values is problem visible more, with other values
is visible less, but it's still here.

Solution of this problem is to edit 14all.cgi script and remove from them
"--alt-y-mrtg" option in rrdtool calling.
Best solution is to repair computing routines in RRDTool code and sending
patch to author, but I'am not programmer :-(

I report this before few months, but nobody have time to repair it :-(

Pavouk