[rrd-users] A Multi-Threaded SNMP Get ?

Mike Wright mike_kiwi at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 01:08:41 MET 2004

Folks,

I work for an ISP which has a a large number of routers and I often have a
need for a high performance SNMP collector to collect data from a number of
routers. I have managed to achieve reasonably high performance by spawning
multiple collectors but it's still a bit clunky and I am searching for a
better way of doing it.

Does anyone know of work that has been done towards creating a
multi-threaded version of the SNMP modules for perl? I am considering
modifying SNMP_util and/or SNMP_Session to open multiple sockets at once and
use select to multiplex between them.

Has this been done before - I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Mike