[rrd-users] Re: Announce RRDtool 1.2.0

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue Apr 26 07:05:25 MEST 2005

Tobias, I'm trying to compile 1.2.x on Fedora Core 3, and the only
library that seems to be missing is cgilib.

I downloaded it from your site, compiled it, and tried to install it
using "make install" but that failed (which doesn't seem unreasonable).
I copied the libcgi.a file to /usr/lib and ran 'ldconfig'.  I re-tried
configure for 1.2 and it bailed with this result:

checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
configure: WARNING:
* I found a copy of pkgconfig, but there is no cgilib.pc file around.
  You may want to set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable to point to its
  location.

configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of cgilib. Check config.log for hints
on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libcgi and its header files. If
  you have not installed cgilib, you can get it either from its original
home on

     http://www.infodrom.org/projects/cgilib

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of cgilib is 0.5.

       LIBS=-lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS=

checking for art_vpath_add_point in -lart_lgpl_2... yes
checking libart_lgpl/libart.h usability... yes
checking libart_lgpl/libart.h presence... yes
checking for libart_lgpl/libart.h... yes
checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for png_access_version_number in -lpng... yes
checking png.h usability... yes
checking png.h presence... yes
checking for png.h... yes
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
checking ft2build.h usability... yes
checking ft2build.h presence... yes
checking for ft2build.h... yes
configure: error: Please fix the library issues listed above and try again.

Where should I install the cgilib.pc file?  It doesn't appear that
Fedora Core 3 has pkgconfig installed.  I'm looking at a different box
(Slack 9), and it has $PKG set at: /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

You may want to mention this to your FC/Rhat users because this (Fedora)
distro doesn't appear to have pkgtool installed by default.

I'll install pkgtool on this FC3 box and let you know what my results are.

Anyway, I just wanted it to ya...

Kind regards,
Chris Bergeron