[rrd-users] RRDtool - how to get a top 10 list - legend to stdout?

Mahler, Donald donald.mahler at saic.com
Sun Feb 13 17:11:50 MET 2005

q:  is there a way to get rrdtool "legend" output  written to stdout?    I
can see how to suppress the legend.  and how to write the png file to
stdout?

but what if I only want the legend (label, max, average, min, last) ?

why: I have hundreds of rrd files, covering server cpu, router cpu,
interface utilization, and many many more statistics.   The one I am looking
at this week is cisco saa router response time statistics from 100 remote
sites.  I want to scan them for the worst 10 response times, and then
produce a graph of that.

I figure if I can get the graph legend written to stdout, I can quickly
sort, pick the top 10, and then run rrdtool graph with only those 10 rrd
files.

so.....

is this possible?
or do I have to try to do this another way?

much thanks for any ideas.

Don Mahler
SAIC

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/ms-tnef