[rrd-users] time as a counter?

Grant Kelly gkelly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 21:57:28 CEST 2007

Perhaps I was unclear. I only want to graph "last time we got data", as this
should increase every ten minutes. I want to make a graph that shows when
this doesn't increase, and highlight areas where it doesn't increase for a
certain threshold of time. This appears possible with rrdtool, to me at
least.

For example, imagine data like this:

time           |     updated
04301210  |    04301140          ( Apr 30 at 12:10PM, the most recent data
is 11:40AM)
04301220  |    04301150          ( Apr 30 at 12:20PM, the most recent data
is 11:50AM)
04301230  |    04301150          ( ten minutes later, the most recent data
is still 11:50AM, unchanged)

Could rrdtool handle this?

Thanks,
Grant