[rrd-users] Adding/Removing RRAs to a RRD file

Richard Lawley richard at richardlawley.com
Tue Aug 14 17:09:45 CEST 2007

I have been using MRTG+RRD to monitor bandwidth over many servers for
some time now, but I would like to change the RRAs in the rrd files
that have been generated.  I'm monitoring at 1 minute intervals, and
therefore the RRAs I have are 1, 30, 120 and 1440 minute intervals.

My question is - how would I add/remove any of these RRAs?  For
example, I have no real use for the 30 minute interval, so I'd like to
remove this and replace it with a 5 minute interval.  I can't find any
reference on how I can do this.  Is there any easy way to do this, or
am I going to have to dump, modify the xml, then restore?

Regards,

Richard