[rrd-users] scale questions

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Feb 14 02:00:57 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 08:06:15AM -0800, Sean Whitney wrote:
> Any idea's about what would cause an output like this?  Look
> carefully at the scale on the left hand side.... The values displayed
> don't agree with value's retrieved from the rrd itself either.  All
> this is in the cricket application, but seems to be an rrd issue

This looks like a failed attempt to create a usable scale. If I
may guess: the range will be 9.5k to 10.4k but rrdtool does not
display tenths.

This would mean the actual numbers are approximately 10195 and 9890.

> Currently it is showing, which doesn't seem to correspond to the
> scale either.  ideas?

There is no information in the legend, so I cannot know what you
expect and why the displayed graph would be wrong apart from the
Y-axis label, which is indeed unfortunate.

> Total modems: 9684 modems [ ? ] 	Registered modems: 9380 modems

Try explaining what you mean by this.  It makes no sense.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/