[rrd-users] how much memory is consumed by rrdtool -1.2.15?

Virendra, Kumar(IE10) Virendra.Kumar2 at Honeywell.com
Mon Dec 8 16:24:27 CET 2008

Hi,
I am using rrdtool-1.2.15 for drawing the point values in trend graph,
but tool is consuming a lot of RAM. Every time the rrdtool invoked the
RAM size degraded which eventually hanged up our application.

Can anyone suggest me what are the limitations of rrdtool? And why this
hang up occurs?

Best Regards,
Virendra Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: rrd-users-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch
[mailto:rrd-users-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of
Mark.Rippe at cox.com
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 7:55 PM
To: rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: Re: [rrd-users] Graph Backgrounds (RE Example on rrdtool Site)

Awhile back, someone added an interesting function to the graphs.
It was possible to mouse-over a data point,
right click and a box would open showing information
On that data point such as
Time, data point value (level,percent, etc)
I have searched but found nothing.
Does anyone know if this still exists in some obscure
Database, server, etc ???
If so, can I get either a copy of the script
or can someone please point in the right direction?

Thanks,

mark.rippe at cox.com
"When the wagons are circled, remember to shoot outward."
- John Womersley, British Technology Council