[rrd-users] Disk I/O

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Thu Mar 13 09:02:43 CET 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 01:06:47PM -0500, Jeremy wrote:
> issues, it's keeping up ok but the system is getting less and less
> responsive as the I/O stays pegged at near 100%.

as Tobi said, 10k rrds should not be a problem using a fairly recent system
along with a recent version of rrdtool. Of course it highly depends on how
you're doing your updates/graphs. I'd suggest you posting the details of your
software and hardware setup so we can get an idea on where to start optimizing

PS: we have around 20k rrds updates every 10 minutes and very low server
load