[rrd-users] rrd files not updating after upgrade to rc3/4

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon May 19 06:43:16 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

Today Martin Rheumer wrote:

> Tobi,
>
> Just wanted to report a fault Im not sure is my problem or the upgrade
> yet. I have upgraded my rrdtool to rc4 and the mrtg to 2.16.2 to test
> whether the front ends and tools I use work. Im currently using routers2
> and some of my rrds are not being displayed. These could well be created
> with old versions of rrdtool.
>
> So in a mrtg cfg I have 5 graphs appearing and updating ok, but 3 that dont
> if I delete one of the 3 and its created in the next mrtg run all is ok.
> There is no snmp errors reaching any mibs etc as when I delete the file
> all is perfect on the next run.

if you use mrtg together with rrdtool, the graph creation is done
entirely by the frontend, so I am not quite sure what you are
refering to ... did you remove the rrd file ?

To see errors, try running mrtg by hand.

Also check the error.log of your apache

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902