[rrd-users] Monitor Xen VPS network usage using rrdtool

Zu zuzhihui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 10:31:32 CET 2008

Hi,

I wrote a program to monitor the bandwidth usage. This program runs on
the Xen host, monitors the network interfaces of Xen VPS. The program
read rx/tx data from /proc/net/dev and store the data into rrd files.
rrdtool is used to generate the PNG file. Normally the program works
fine.

But if VPS reboots, the result in the PNG file is not correct. At the
time of rebooting, the rate in the PNG file is very high( 20M/s ).
Other time the rate is about 20k/s I guess. Because 20M is too high,
in the PNG file, I can not find other rates.

Do you have any solutions?

Regards,
Zu