[rrd-users] RRDtool 1.3.2 released (MAJOR BUGFIX!)

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Sep 26 07:00:38 CEST 2008

Yesterday Bernard Li wrote:

> Hi Tobi:
>
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:
>
> > yu caould just send me an update for the spec file ... I will be
> > glad to apply it ...
>
> I can do this but I am not sure how you would want it.
>
> Basically, in the current state, the spec file needs to be updated
> each time you modify the version/release for rrdtool.  So basically it
> is a moving target and can only be updated when the person doing the
> release changes the version.

if you tell me what needs changeing I can build this into the
release process ... I thought I have already been doing that with
the version number, but maybe it fails (I do not use rpms myself,
so I am living in a state of blissful ignorance).

> On the other hand, if say you are planning to release rrdtool 1.3.4
> tomorrow, then I could potentially send you a patch to make sure the
> RPM builds fine, prior to your release (in fact if you want, I could
> probably help with maintaining the spec file, but I thought Jarod
> Wilson from Red Hat was already doing that).

he is, and he is sending me updates, but when I am reading that the
spec file does not work for some folks, I would assume that it
needs fixing ... or is my thinking too simple in this respect ?

cheers
tobi