[rrd-users] What does unknown_sec and value fields mean as retrieved by rrdinfo and Data Resampling

Jose Oscar Olivares Ocampo/Mexico/IBM oscaro at mx1.ibm.com
Thu Jul 15 01:42:05 CEST 2010

     Hello.

What does the unknown_sec and value fields retrieved by rrdtool info mean?
I am having some problems to track down and properly interpret the values
on an RRD file and I want to understand how the calculations that RRD does
work.

I am passing the values at an RRD file not on exact times, which causes
data resampling, but I want to understand how the calculations are done.
I asked for those fields because I thought they might be some how related
to the resampling.

Best Regards!

José Oscar Olivares Ocampo
Infrastructure Tools Software Developer