[rrd-users] rrdcreate via rrdcached?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 10 04:19:40 CEST 2011

Tobi indicated recently that major changes like the addition of rrdcreate support to rrdcached will not go 'live' until RRDTool 1.5.0, though this may have changed.

FWIW, we're using the trunk version of RRD 1.4 ( rrdtool-1.4.99911011600 ) with rrdcached in our live MRTG system, using the rrdcreate and rrdinfo functions, and are experiencing no problems despite it managing over 20,000 RRD files.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead