[rrd-users] Time Shift on Trend Graph

Chris Mason chris at netnix.org
Sun Jun 23 14:17:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have the following graph which displays daily maximums over a period of a
year:

http://netnix.org/graph.png

I have added a trend line to the graph using the Least Square Lines method.
I am currently shifting the graph by 3 months using the following method:

-s -1y+3months -e now+3months

This works fine, but I wanted to try and shift the graph so the start of
the graph is at the left most point and the graph is only ever displayed in
the first 9 month period. It is easy if I only ever had more than 9 months
worth of data, but if I only had 3 months worth of data, then I am looking
for the graph to still start from the left with only the left 3 months
being used?

I am looking to try and do something similar to the "Filesystem Utilization
and Predicted Trends" graph in the RRDTOOL gallery where in the picture,
the graph is using the left hand side and the trends go into the right hand
side.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Chris