[rrd-users] rrdtool and lua questions

Stefan Parvu sparvu at systemdatarecorder.org
Fri Jun 27 19:14:55 CEST 2014

Hi,

Are people around here using rrdtool and lua ? I have seen we have bindings for LUA
but I was curious how one would get them compiled correctly:

 - use lua-5.2.3 src code
 - or use luajit-2.0.3

For example trying to compile rrdtool, latest against lua-5.2.3 returned with some errors:

Prep for Building Language Bindings
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for pod2man... /usr/local/bin/pod2man
checking for pod2html... /usr/local/bin/pod2html
checking Perl Modules to build... No Perl Modules will be built
checking for ruby... no
checking if ruby modules can be built... No .. Ruby not found or disabled
checking for lua... /opt/sdr/analytics/kernel/bin/lua
checking for lua >= 5.0... 5.2 found
checking lua52/lua.h usability... no
checking lua52/lua.h presence... no
checking for lua52/lua.h... no
checking lua5.2/lua.h usability... no
checking lua5.2/lua.h presence... no
checking for lua5.2/lua.h... no
checking lua.h usability... yes
checking lua.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: lua.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: lua.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for lua.h... yes
checking lualib.h usability... yes
checking lualib.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: lualib.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: lualib.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

I tried as well to use luajit but configure was not able to find its version and no modules to build.
Any ideas how to get rrdtool compiled with lua correctly ?

Many thanks,

--
Stefan Parvu <sparvu at systemdatarecorder.org>