[rrd-users] Graphs not flushing

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Thu Jul 16 23:29:32 CEST 2015

Greetings,

I recently configured rrdcached.    I'm using this in conjunction with Nagios performance monitoring, and a pnp4nagios frontend.
Currently, I have rrdcached  with a -w of 120. I'd like to push this out, but my graphs (which are updated per minute) are not flushing when I asked for them.

When I review my stats I see this:

echo STATS | nc localhost 8888
9 Statistics follow
QueueLength: 0
UpdatesReceived: 9469086
FlushesReceived: 0
UpdatesWritten: 1299651
DataSetsWritten: 9451560
TreeNodesNumber: 3634
TreeDepth: 14
JournalBytes: 0
JournalRotate: 49

FLUSHALL also seems to be ignored:

echo FLUSHALL | nc localhost 8888
0 Started flush.

echo STATS | nc localhost 8888
FlushesReceived: 0

I'd really prefer the files to flush when the graph is requested, as the documentation indicates.  Any suggestions or idea why they are not?

(Current version is 1.5.3 on Debian linux)

Thanks!