[rrd-users] python-rrd doesn't know --left-axis-formatter

crazycat at c-p-f.org crazycat at c-p-f.org
Wed Mar 9 13:05:00 CET 2016

Hello there,

I'm using python-rrdtool 1.4.8 (and rrdtool 1.4.8) on a raspberry Pi. It
has been installed via apt-get from mirrordirector.raspbian.org

When I try to use --left-axis-formatter in a rrd-graph, I encounter:
rrdtool.error: unknown option '--left-axis-formatter'

And same thing if I try directly in bash.

Do I need an earlier version ? And more: why the last stable version is
not in debian nor raspbian repositories ?

Regards,
CrazyCat